Thursday, August 24, 2006

aged beauty


I came across this picture of my mom that I took back in December of her. It just drew me in. I love her gaze! She'll probably hate the title for this post, but I was looking at the details in her face and they spoke so much of her life to me. I've always thought people are beautiful as they age. Every line, every spot have a story to be told. As I see my mom's lines, I think of her life: her victory over cancer, her struggles with her heart problems, the sorrows in her childhood. But I also see such happiness that she has derived from all her trials and the satisfaction of overcoming them. I love this contemplative gaze. There's so much depth to it, just as there is so much depth to the woman she has become.

~ 1 comments: ~

Victoria says:
at: 11:51 AM said...

Love this picture. I agree the lines tell such a story.

I stare at pictures of my mom also and think about what she has overcame. She hates them cause she sees her wrinkles but I love them.

+

Contact

About the Template